Thursday 26 September 2013

Padre Pio and Adventureception

It has been a rather pleasant week after coming home from Canada, steady, and routine. However this week it has hit me that this time in two weeks... I'll be on my way from Nashville, Tennessee to Alma, Michigan between retreats.

I am so beyond ready for these retreats it's not even funny. Ten months in the making and I'm counting down less than 10 days. I actually cannot wait for the quiet and to be able to briefly immerse myself in the charisms of these communities. It's the feast of Padre Pio today (or St Pius of Pietrelcina if you want to get all proper!) a bilocating, soul-reading, sometime stigmatic, Capuchin confessor and preacher, famous for pithy sayings such as,
"Pray, hope and don't worry." 
It never ceases to amaze me how somehow, things fall into place and today especially getting back in touch with the practical wisdom of this Italian friar speaks to the place I am in. I'm praying and I'm hoping and I am passed worrying, as long as I am praying and hoping.

So Friday, I leave with Ron and Kathy Feher for Kansas and to sit in on a Living in Love weekend couple retreat. Then it's back to Philly on monday and then Thursday....

... within an adventure! It's... Adventureception!

No comments:

Post a Comment